Languages: Proficient in Python, strong experience with Go and Rust, with various exposure to other languages.
Open Source Projects:
- boxnotes2html – A reverse engineered conversion from Box’s proprietary Box Notes format to HTML, Markdown and plain text.
- flounder – a simple site builder based on the Gemini protocol.
- Contributor to various other projects.
Twitch, San Francisco, CA – Software Engineer (Contract via TargetCW)August 2020 – Present
I work as a backend engineer in Go on Twitch's payment team.
Cloudbakers, Chicago IL – Cloud Data EngineerMay 2017 – July 2020
I worked on a small team at a software services company. I have performed many different roles throughout my time there, primarily building applications to move data for our clients and designing architecture in Google Cloud Platform. I mostly worked in Python, but my role gave me a broad exposure to many different languages and problem domains. Here were a few of my accomplishments:
- Built a file migration tool in Python which has migrated millions of files across hundreds of users for clients between G Suite domains.
- Designed and built ETL jobs and data warehouses for several clients.
- Created Kubernetes architecture for a machine learning video processing pipeline.
- Built several custom G Suite migration and Google Drive management tools interacting with Google’s API, including an open source command line interface for Google’s APIs.
- Maintained, supported, and added features for Django web applications.
- Deployed applications and configured architecture on Google Cloud Platform using Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Standardized development best practices on my engineering team, including testing, documentation, SRE principles and CI/CD pipelines.
Jellyvision, Chicago, IL – QA AnalystJuly 2016 – Nov 2016
- Manually tested Jellyvision’s ALEX software. Searched for and reported bugs and verified bug fixes.
Truman State University, Kirksville, MO – Bachelor of Arts, PhysicsAugust 2011 – May 2016
- Minors in Computer Science and English.