Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke
I havea new quarantine hobby where I stream Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke.
Watch me on Twitch every Sunday at 6PM PST (Or watch archives)
Add the event to your calendar!
Nuzlocke is a challenge that makes the Pokemon games, which are very easy games for children, much more difficult, through an additional set of rules:
- Only the first Pokémon on any route can be caught. If that Pokémon is knocked out or it runs away etc, no Pokémon are caught on that route.
- If a Pokémon in the party faints, they are considered dead and are to be released (some people permanently box them however).
- Most people consider a game over to be when a white/black out occurs. When all Pokémon in a party have fainted the game is over, even if there are other Pokémon still in boxes.
- All Pokémon must be named.
I work at Twitch, but I've never really streamed much -- this is a chance to understand the platform from the creator's perspective a bit better.
Streamed for three hours. Beat the first gym but confused as to where I go next. Here are all my Pokemon:
- "chickmagnet" (Cumbuskin) male, lvl 18
- "WURMPLE" (Wurple) male, lvl 6 (accidentally didn't rename)
- "LAZYBOY............" (slackoth) male, lvl 9
- "dude" (Taillow) male, lvl 7
All male pokemon so far. Enjoyed the stream. Here's a link if you're interested (mostly I rant about software)
Things I learned that I want to bring to next week's stream:
- I have way too much dead air. I might come prepared with things to talk about, and I need to focus on what I'm doing a bit more instead of just sitting in silence
- Need to sit in a better posture and breathe more deeply so my voice feels less strained